The aim of this call is to promote Nordic research and innovation efforts in the agricultural and food sector through the support of activities such as workshops, seminars or conferences with high scientific quality assured by a scientific advisory group or equivalent.
The planned activities must be in line with the strategic goals of the NKJ as stated in the NKJ strategy 2015-2018 and the aims of the Nordic Bioeconomy Initiative 2013–2018, and clearly demonstrate Nordic added value.
Activities shall be finalized before the end of December 2016.
Completion of all fields in the application form is mandatory.
In particular, the application should highlight:
- The scientific aim of the activity
- A work plan for the activity (incl. tentative agenda for meeting/conference, can be attached)
- How the activity relates to the strategic goals of the NKJ and the aims of the Nordic Bioeconomy Initiative
- The Nordic added value of the activity
- Target groups and estimated number of participants (preliminary list of participants can be attached)
- Description of the activity, up to 25 000 characters.
- Brief CV of the main applicant and the project group members (up to 8 000 characters per person)
Researchers at research institutions in the Nordic (*) countries are eligible to apply. Stakeholders may be involved, but cannot be main applicants. Participants from research institutions in countries outside the Nordic region may participate in the project group, but cannot be main applicants.
Applicants are encouraged to include PhD students and younger researchers in the activity.
(*) Nordic is defined here as Denmark, Finland, Iceland, Norway, Sweden and the autonomous areas Faroe Islands, Greenland, and Åland Islands.
Funds applied for in this call can cover no more than 50% of the total budget for the activity, not exceeding an amount of NOK 100 000 specifying estimated costs per participant. Own financing may comprise (or consist of) in-kind financing.
Only one application is accepted per activity.
The funds should be spent on travel and meeting costs and related costs for organizing the activity (e.g. travel and subsistence costs of guest lecturers, printed material, database costs or website cost excluding hardware). Funding is not granted to labor costs.
Total budget of the call is NOK 300 000.
- Quality of the application
- Economic framework
- Expected results
- Composition of the project group/leader
Deadline and submission of application
Deadline for submission of applications is November 9 2015, 13:00 CET.
Applications must be written in English using the application form.
Applications must be submitted by email to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please note that applications submitted by regular mail will not be accepted.
Processing of applications
Applications will be assessed by 3-5 appointed members of the NKJ Board. The final grant decision rests with the NKJ Board.
Announcement of the grant decision
Successful applicants will be notified by email in December 2015.
A brief final report shall be submitted no later than 3 months after completion of the activity. Final report will be published on the NKJ website.
The report shall briefly report on all items in the application form, and must contain a financial statement as well as a final programme and list of participants. Please note that any deviations in the approved budget must be duly explained. Any remaining funds shall be reimbursed to NKJ.
Sandra Danielsson Sandra.Danielsson@nordforsk.org +47 901 34 794
The primary objective of the Nordic Joint Committee for Agricultural and Food Research (NKJ) is to contribute to promote and coordinate a knowledge-based agriculture and food sector in the Nordic countries. To meet this end, NKJ encourages and provides support to joint Nordic cooperation within agriculture and food research, including forestry and fishery.
- Call for proposals: Support to workshops/seminars/conferences . Promoting Nordic research and innovation within the agricultural and food sector.
- Call for proposals: Networking Activities in 2016-2017 . Deadline for application submission is Tuesday, September 15 at 12:00 CET.
- The NKJ Extranet
- The NKJ Extranet